Wednesday, September 15, 2010

oh, the places you'll go (or at least, that I went)

I have created a set of arbitrary and largely unhelpful categories, based upon which I decide whether a city is worthwhile. Obligatory disclaimer of "I only spent a short time in these places and don't actually know anything about them and I'm sure they're lovely if you just know where to go yadda yadda yadda." I'm not restricting myself to doing these in order, because linearity, unlike particularity, is not really part of my nature.

Categories (which will be scored on a 1-10 scale where 5 is neutral, a.k.a. the nonexistent norm):
A. yummy eats
B. oooh, pretty
C. ability to navigate/find things (i.e., with both hands and a compass, could I find it, or was I lost in the hood?)
D. the locals (or the people I encountered; I don't know if they live there cause I'm not a stalker like that)
E. stuff in the general area to do (other than playing pick up stix)

No comments:

Post a Comment